- Ensure the integrity of the financial statements for the legal entity under his/her responsibility. This is achieved by defining accounting procedures in compliance with local accounting policies, running SAP reports required to review Income Statement, Balance Sheets and Trial Balances, performing account reconciliations, comparing USGAAP and local books and analyzing differences, follow-up on unusual items, ensure corrections required are correctly recorded, etc.
- Perform account reconciliations of the accounts under his/her ownership.
- Act as focal point for external financial and statutory filings necessary to meet internal auditing and governmental requirements, in compliance with USGAAP and local accounting principles and with various laws and official requirements. Incomplete or missing data can cause serious consequences.
- Ensure timely and successful completion of the external audit of the Financial Statements by acting as focal point for communications with the external auditors, ensuring information required by the auditors is provided on time, participating in review meetings, answering audit comments, etc.
- Act as consultant to Area sub-process Controllers and other Finance processes in Japan on financial accounting and internal control matters.
- Coordinate the completion of year-end schedule packages for Corporate Controllers required to comply with information to be reported to the Security Exchange Commission.
- Coordinate the Financial and Statutory requirements related to compliance with SOX rules and Internal Control self-assessments.
- Prepares quarterly reporting of foreign debt required by Central Bank regulations and necessary to be able to process payment of imports
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP operation
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in accounting and finance
- 5 + years of experience with Corporate accounting and Reporting in a corporate finance environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and ambiguity in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Consistent proactive and problem solving mind-set.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Japanese and advanced English communication skills).
- Works well in teams while being self-directed and accountable.