- Candidate must have strong leadership and people management experience to lead and be respected by a team of 40 people in total, including 2 direct reports, covering Reporting (8 people), Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable (30 people) and Admin (2 people).
- Build an efficient accounting & finance team in order to strengthen financial administration functions.
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly/ annual closing.
- Prepare monthly/ quarterly/ annual reporting and explain to the parent companies.
- Prepare monthly accounts (accounts payable, accounts receivable).
- Make certain that proper internal controls are in place to ensure the validity and accuracy of accounts without misstatements.
- Ensure all local tax requirements are fulfilled and that the company adheres to local statutory requirements.
- Oversee cash management, money transfer and forecast cash flow to maintain a healthy cash position.
- Oversee various projects to implement new systems related to accounting.
- Ensure that rigorous financial discipline is maintained.
- Extensive experience in accounting and finance including knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with US SOX.
- He/she will be diplomatic, savvy, and collaborative, with effective consensus and team-building skills, and is able to attract and develop top talent and inspire and align a diverse organization.
- Candidate should have the ability to navigate complex tasks in a global environment.
- Accounting and finance experience, preferably with consumer goods, service or manufacturing companies.
- Minimum five years managerial experience supervising a large team (10 people at least)
- Experience or comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP.
- Familiar with compliance preferable with US-SOX.
- English skills are “MUST” (business level).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in Japanese and in English.
- Able to build credibility with the Japan and U.S. management team.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple and complex task in a global environment
- Experience at audit firm is an advantage.
- CPA is preferable.