- Influences key business decisions based on financial performance. Analyze variations from forecasts and prior periods to provide accurate explanations for variances and support country manager and operations managers in determining effective countermeasures.
- Provide leadership in improving financial results in the area of revenue, operating profit and working capital.
- Reviews and manages balance sheet and cash flows of the country.
- Directs the consolidation and/or reporting of actual results, including for GAAP and statutory purposes, as applicable for the country.
- Drives overall budgeting, forecasting and analysis with clear insights and decisions to support the corporate initiatives and regional growth.
- Internal controls
- Serves as finance expert and advisor for business critical projects including acquisitions, investments, cost analyses, etc. aligning and collaborating with the global finance and business organizations as needed.
- Supports local leaders with ad hoc reporting to support many day-to-day business decisions for commercial and operations.
- Ensure financial reporting is accurate, timely and relevant and provides direction on a forward-looking basis to support business decisions.
- May manage key processes and metrics; forecasts, budgets, product line pricing and margins, win/loss retention. Daily management of KPIs is a continuous improvement activity integral to this position.
- Leads a cross disciplined team of finance and accounting professionals to improve business processes and business support.
- Coordinates with external auditors to ensure support is provided to complete audit work; stays abreast of accounting changes.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting and over 10 years of related experience (less experience required with advanced degree). Advanced degree preferred. At least 4 years’ experience managing people.
- Prior auditing experience is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal and Japanese and English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills to lead locally, influence across the organization in a matrix environment and build inclusivity and engagement across the team.
- Advanced experience in financial analysis and reporting.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem-solving techniques.
- Have sound business ethics and consistency among principles, values and behaviors, and adhere to policies and procedures, and be able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine the appropriate action.
- Knowledge in Oracle/Hyperion is a plus.