- Work with the head of delivery in Japan to determine sourcing strategies that leverage the business as a whole;
- Ensure that Sourcing strategies are aligned to business requirements and are focused on extracting maximum value from our supply base employing a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) mind set;
- Drive continuous improvement in supplier quality, cost, delivery and lead time to align with the business;
- Leads business reviews with major suppliers and ensure strategic relationships are successfully developed;
- Optimize the number of strategic vendor partnerships across area of responsibility and drive low volume spend into preferred higher value agreements;
- Comply with all company health, safety and environmental policies;
- Become the focal point of Sourcing in Japan, aligning sourcing service levels in the respective countries
- Identify supplier risks via single sourcing and vulnerable supply lines and develop plans with colleagues to mitigate these risks;
- Analyze pricing trends for key commodity groups and become knowledgeable of their effects in our dealings with suppliers
- Ensure compliance to Group’s guidelines on business ethics
- Managing inbound and outbound operations at 3PL warehouse
- Responsible for ordering materials for stocking at 3PL warehouse
- Responsible for distribution of materials from 3PL warehouse to local sites
- Pro-actively working with vendors to resolve any potential delay in material
- Coordinate shipping activities such as importation and exportation.
- Reconciling material non-conformities within the ISO quality programs
- Ensure inventory accuracy at 3PL warehouse
- Work closely with local service team and regional planner to ensure spares part
stocking plan are up to date.
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management/ Engineering/ Commerce
- 3-5 years in a logistics/warehouse/ procurement operations role
- Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office suite, particularly Word and Excel, Power point.
- Related working experience in specialising in Purchasing / Inventory management
- Good sourcing knowledge in networking equipment/ mechanical conveyance products and freight services in the Japanese market is bonus
- Resourceful, a “go-to” person for Country’s sourcing needs.
- Strong verbal and written communication in English; Japanese.
- Collaborative problem solving skills.
- Good business acumen
- Adapts to Japanese culture accordingly when dealing with the respective markets
- Ability to work under pressure and successfully manage multiple responsibilities.
- SAP experience is a plus!