- Manage day to day HR operations and entire range of HR functions such as business partnering, recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, HR reporting, HR administration and other ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
- Craft people-centric initiatives to attract, engage, retain and develop amazing talent and beyond
- Set and implement strategies for Japan attractions to elevate HR practices year on year
- Lead the team to perform efficient HR operations and deliver full spectrum of HR support and services with a key focus on employee relations and engagement
- Support the Country Manager in implementing strategies for a people-first and customer obsessed
- Partner with the leadership team in delivering support in employee relations, performance management, onboarding, training and more
- Engage with the frontline team regularly to encourage open communication and to keep your ear to the ground
- Innovate recruitment efforts and activities and improve employer branding
- Plan and execute learning and development activities for all levels in the wider team to support delivery of great customer care and to enhance our teams’ skills
- Review and improve upon current structures such as benefits, engagement, performance reviews, onboarding and more
- All the other important stuff such as budgets, reports, payroll, benchmarking exercises, presentations, compliance, audits, health & safety, data practices, processes, etc.
- Business-level English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Deep understanding of local culture, labour regulations and other useful quirks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to provide solutions, improvements and new ideas
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software ability
- Management experience is a plus!
- Experience in the retail/service industry a plus!