- Manage indirect procurement activities.
- Define and implement an effective procurement strategy.
- Develop systems of control, policies and procedures relating to procurement.
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Review existing contracts and identify opportunities for improved value for money.
- Review service areas and potential supplier rationalization.
- Identify new suppliers, agree upon terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Maintain purchasing information, files and records (e.g. purchase orders, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure that services and goods are bought at the most competitive price and conditions and delivered on time.
- Periodically carry out a comprehensive review of the purchasing function and its methodology and be able to identify and implement improvements.
- Optimize and actively manage supplier relationships by strategic sourcing and category management to meet company’s needs, taking full advantage of efficiencies and best in class practices, ensuring that compliance obligations are met.
- Provide guidance to relevant staff in all procurement matters.
- Ensure that legislative requirements are understood and incorporated into controls, policies and procedures.
- Actively cooperate with Finance and other related departments ensuring a smooth process operation.
- Collaborate with APAC Procurement network to make sure that Japan and other countries successfully support each other on best practice and resource sharing, strategy alignment and execution.
- University degree in supply chain, operations management, accounting or business but other relevant disciplines will be considered.
- Native level Japanese language ability with suitable English skills (verbal & written).
- Prior experience as a Purchasing Manager in a multinational organization especially focusing on indirect purchasing.
- Influencing skills with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience marketing in a Business to Professional to Consumer (B2P2C) industry.
- Strong analytical & financial skills.
- Effective verbal & written communicator and presenter.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Relationship management: ability to leverage interpersonal skills to establish and develop relationships with all key internal stakeholders, suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiation skills: ability to persuade, influence and explore positions and alternatives to reach outcomes that will meet the company’s strategic procurement objectives.
- Financial acumen: ability to apply a broad understanding of financial management principles and other quantitative information to ensure decisions are economically viable.
- Business-level English or above