- Lead the development and formulation of Strategic & Business plans by providing management with financial expertise, advise and recommendations. Challenge business assumptions through analysis of performance, trends, market dynamics, pricing and cost changes.
- Facilitate sound business decisions consistent with corporate objectives leading to the achievement of business results.
- Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business’s medium to long term financial and strategic plan.
- Review of existing processes and procedures to develop recommendations for improvement.
- Provide insights to senior management around financial modelling, forecasts and profitability.
- Provide management with financial information and other metrics and analyses to understand past business unit performance; forecast future performance and measure progress towards implementation of strategy.
- Evaluating previous budgets and forecasts to develop and implement future budgets.
- To ensure the provision of timely, accurate and consistent evaluation of financial performance.
- Manage key financial processes for the region, including forecasting, budget planning, performance reporting, and others.
- Develop new processes or improve existing processes relating to financial planning/reporting in conjunction with the corporate FP&A team.
- Support ad hoc projects and help define systems improvements to support growth.
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, with a focus on cost and profitability aligned with long-term financial planning.
- Provide financial analysis and commentary to inform senior management.
- Professional and degree qualification in Accounting & Finance.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant senior business analytical experience.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in an unstructured environment.
- Strong influencing skills, able to challenge stakeholders at all levels of the company.
- Sound knowledge of Excel.
- Fluent Japanese & English conversation language skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills (Japanese and English), able to communicate clearly, concisely, accurately and in a way that promotes understanding to both finance and non finance team members.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills necessary to motivate, mentor, inform and challenge others.
- Experience of using SAP (PCA/CCA/COPA); BW and Microsoft Excel to a high level.