■ 能力のある方は海外勤務のチャンス！実際に現在2名のaccounting & financeスタッフが、それぞれ北米とアジアでのポジションを検討しています！
Accountant（医療機器 米系 フレックスタイム 外資系 英語）
- Primary responsibility for the monthly close process, including management of the closing task list and coordination with the offshore team. Ensures that all month-end controls are executed and that any issues with the accounts have been appropriately resolved or escalated.
- Directly responsible for complex accounting topics, including revenue recognition, business integrations, complex valuations, deferred taxes, etc. Is aware of the impact of accounting changes on various stakeholders and proactively communicates as required.
- Overall management of the local SOX program, including review and update of process narratives, coordination and execution of management testing, and interaction with the Corporate SOX team.
- Primary responsibility for logistical coordination with auditors, including internal, external, and tax, ensuring that all stakeholders understand the nature of the audit and their role, deliverables are being provided on time, and that any issues are appropriately resolved or escalated.
- Serves as an escalation point for both local and offshore teams. Provides training and local subject matter expertise to the offshore team.
- Ensures that all processes are executed in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, including Corporate, Regional, and local Finance policies, Legal and Compliance policies, Japan tax and commercial code requirements, and SOX controls.
- 8+ years of experience in roles involving increasing responsibility for US GAAP accounting, internal controls, SOX, and tax.
- A self-starter, who is able to assess issues and propose solutions, taking independent action when necessary.
- Strong professional judgment based on knowledge of US GAAP in sensitive accounting areas including revenue recognition, valuations, etc.
- Experience with Japan corporate tax, local tax, and consumption filings and audits. Proficient in the accounting for deferred taxes.
- Experience in the development of less experienced staff by setting an example, providing guidance, and offering counsel.
- A “business partner”, who is able to and wants to engage with business stakeholders to understand their needs and propose solutions
- High level of English proficiency – able to comfortably engage in discussions via conference call and to write accounting and process memos.
- Experience in implementation and/or testing of ERP functionality, preferably SAP.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and other Microsoft productivity tools.
- Proactive, assertive, and a team player with excellent communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and high level of accuracy with a results-oriented approach.
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Demonstrates strong process prioritization and time management skills.
- Highly flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and willing to take on new responsibilities and challenges.
- Experience with medical device or pharmaceutical companies is a plus
- US CPA qualified candidate is preferred.
- Candidate with multi-national company experience is preferred. Big-4 accounting firm experience is a plus.