- Ensure activities comply with accounting policies and procedures, Japan GAAP and relevant accounting, legal and professional standards.
- Ensure adequate internal controls and SOX test work are in place with cross functioning with internal auditors and VP finance.
- Ensure all internal & external reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure company assets and business risks are properly covered in line with group policies.
- Provide information to enable Provo and Finance organization to manage revenues and expenditures in line with company targets.
- Provide suggestions & financial information for management decisions.
3. Treasury/tax/audit compliance
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts and work with Corporate Treasury to determine and then maximize the use of available cash.
- Prepare all local statutory tax filings and coordinate the review of these filings with local tax advisors and the Corporate Tax Group. Manage local tax planning and compliance projects, coordinating local tax advisor and corporate tax group involvement in addressing local and U.S tax issues.
- Monitoring and ensuring of Commissionaire structure and APA revenue range.
4. Ensure that no material audit comments to be received and correct all past management letter comments by auditors.
- University degree, Finance/ Accounting degree preferred
- Nissho 1st license or equivalent certification (e.g. US CPA, Japanese tax lawyer (Zeirishi) etc.) is preferable. Also needs to be with very strong knowledge of IAS/GAAP in any case
- Very Strong knowledge of internal controls and Tax related
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent people management and communication skills, including written (and spoken) English and Japanese
- 5+ Years post qualification experience of which at least 3+ years were in a similar finance role
- Experience in Japanese multinational company, listed US/European multinational company, or in audit department of a big accounting firm is also preferable.
- 3+ years line management experience
- SAP experience is a plus!
- Experience in passing internal audits is preferred!
- Experience in leading Japanese tax audits is preferred!