– To oversee and manage imports into Japan. Ensuring all company import activities are fully compliant with Japanese customs import regulations.
– Plan transport and warehousing operations with selected Logistics partners. Assure capacity availability to meet business objectives.
– Define operating standards (in conjunction with Logistics colleagues in other areas) and ensure compliance with them.
– Achieve relevant budgets and manage discretionary costs. Approve invoices versus contracted rates.
– Understand key risks and develop contingencies.
–Design and implement appropriate Logistics solutions for new retail stores, wholesale customers and new e-commerce channel.
– Manage 3rd Party Logistics Supplier Performance versus agreed KPIs
– Work with product suppliers to optimize service levels and total cost to serve
– Manage Logistics improvement projects and contribute Logistics expertise to cross-functional projects.
– Participate in (and lead where appropriate) tender negotiations.
– To actively monitor and review current processes and procedures, making recommendations for improvements and simplifications wherever possible with a focus on business needs.
– To proactively build and maintain close working relationships with Logistics supplier, working to ensure all SOPs are adhered to, that service levels remain high.
– To be a consistent liaison with Japan Merchandising team and managing outbound volume from DC to stores.
– Experience on importing products into Japan
– Experience of managing third party Logistics provider
– University level education.
– Good understanding level of English both verbal and written. Preparedness to travel internationally.
– Competent in MS office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
– Excellent opportunity for career development as position has very wide and major responsibilities