- Oversee Accounting teams daily work pertaining to cost, general accounting, cost center, inter-company activities, accounts payable, accounts receivable, T&E functions. Tax and Treasury knowledge would be a significant advantage.
- Compliance process (Audit - SOX, monthly/Quarterly Audit packs, BS account review).
- Administer maintenance of general ledgers and financial statements.
- Helps train existing and new staff on updated processes, technology and accounting practices to ensure best in class service.
- Ensures procedures and controls are adequate and functioning to produce reliable, accurate, and timely financial results.
- Perform due diligence into specific line items to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Coordinates, and administers, an adequate plan for control of the operations.
- Implements Company policies and procedures related to financial activities.
- Collaborates on the monthly accounting close and reporting process, insuring reports are timely, accurate, and understood.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and annual account analysis for all accounts; creates audit pack reports per compliance.
- Undertakes special studies and investigations as requested by senior management or those that are self-directed.
- Assures company is in compliance with accounting pronouncements and governmental requirements.
- May lead designated projects to improve transparency, operations, productivity and profitability
- Coordinates monthly variance analysis process.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required; prefer degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration
- Chartered Accountant, CPA and/or Nihon Boki Level 1 is required
- Must have more than 3 years’ experience managing highly productive teams
- Knowledge and work experience based on both IFRS and Japanese GAAP
- Bilingual (Japanese native & business level English) in speaking, reading and writing
- Work experience in globally operated company (i.e. Foreign company experience is an advantage)
- Prior experience with internal audit or Big 4 Accounting Firm preferred
- Must have displayed timely and accurate work
- SAP experience is a plus!