- Responsible for work at market level, ensuring alignment with local market regulations in Japan as well as corporate and regional documentation and reporting needs;
- Oversees the whole accounting and logistics function in Japan to make sure the all finance and logistics management activities delivered on time;
- Prepare of timely and insightful analysis of pertinent information to ensure integrity of financial information;
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of local accounting and logistics policies and procedures and key internal controls concepts; ensures such policies, procedures, and controls are in place and working effectively;
- Responsible for tax compliance including annual tax document preparation and deferred Tax package;
- Administers analysis of financial balances and results to determine accuracy and compliance with GAAP and company accounting policy and financial implications of business decisions;
- Develops action plans and processes in coordination with management team for integrating activities and optimizing department resources to meet major goals and objectives;
- Coordinates and liaises with auditors on audit, tax and other relevant matters;
- Participates in streamline processes through review of workflow and procedures, as well as prepare and update accounting procedures and manuals;
- Coaches staff, supports development, and drives performance management, recognition and rewards.
- Manages logistic team
- Manages improvement projects to increase efficiency/ compliance in operation and process, collaborating with APAC region and with HQ.
- Partners key relationship with Local Function (mainly Finance, Merchandising and Retail Team) to support business from logistics/inventory perspectives.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of overall accounting experience
- Proactive, organized and independent problem solver.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with fluency in English & Japanese (Non-Japanese is ok)
- ERP experience is required (SAP preferred), strong computer skills (excel, windows, word, outlook, etc)
- Ambition to gain a new experience to supervise Logistics (previous logistics experience not required)
- CPA is a plus!