- Know and understand the campus strategic directions.
Define, develop and implement a Materials strategy, which contributes to the campus strategic directions.
- Develop an understanding of the Workcell business strategy as it pertains to Materials.
- Provide regular updates to BUM, WCM, and Assistant Operation Manager on the execution of the strategy.
- Analyze and project component purchase prices that accurately reflect the inventory value for a financial period in Standard Costing process.
- Optimizes overall cost of materials.
- Provide input to determine Quoted cost to the customer that is competitive yet maximises the amount of Materials Price Variance (MPV).
- Identify creative ways to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value-added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Utilize tools to monitor departmental cost and cost trends, striving continuously to improve value. Job Title: Purchasing Supervisor (continued)
- Provide feedback to peers (BUM, WCM, and Functional Managers) on cost and cost trends.
- 7 to 10 years of experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Business Administration, or equivalent preferred.
- Understand drawing on specification from customer preferred.
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of company software packages.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and communicate regarding common scientific and/or technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem solving and reasoning skills