- Leadership of Japan team through coaching, mentoring, support and challenge, and leading by example.
- Development of Japan accounting team and enhancement of functional excellence through implementing globally agreed functional strategy, training and best practices.
- Maintain and promote the need for global consistency, continuous improvement and accountability.
- Support the growth and increasing contribution of all accounting associates in the company.
- Provide clear expectations and continuous coaching to local team leaders, helping them to find solutions to their challenges.
- Ensure the integrity of all general ledgers and accurate, timely and consistent financial data, meeting needs for external reporting at local and consolidated level. Accountable for quarterly results and liaison with external accounting firms and auditors in the region.
- Accountability for monthly closing processes and seeking continuous improvement in effectiveness and efficiency of related activities.
- Ensure compliance with both local and US GAAP.
- Support Tax, Legal, Logistics and Compliance etc. by partnering with the business and functions to ensure the accounting team is included in and informed of business decisions at the appropriate stage and in a timely manner.
- Partner with Regional Financial Leader, Tax, Treasury, Business Analysts and Business Leadership in providing guidance for setting up new or changing existing supply chain and/or business models.
- Join the Beagals Steering Group to represent Asia Pacific Japan in strategic and operational accounting issues, project prioritization and optimization across Divisions and Regions.
- Partner with Global Division / Enterprise Accounting leaders and Technical Accountants.
- Relevant regional exposure in an international company: 12 plus years of work experience with MNC; 6 plus years should be in an accounting leadership position to demonstrate ability to lead teams and work effectively across cultures.
- Proven hands on experience as GL Accountant, and manufacturing accounting.
- Comfortable working hands-on in an unstructured environment.
- Must be able to work effectively in team environment and a true desire to help others succeed.
- Ability and interest to work with finance teams in other regions and divisions.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully initiate, lead and conclude change in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including US GAAP and local GAAP.
- Tax knowledge (CIT, VAT) and experience in dealing with transfer pricing issues.
- General FX and customs knowledge.
- Experience in business processes
- RP knowledge and experience (Oracle preferred); ability to extract and analyze data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Recognized accounting qualification, CPA or equivalent, preferred.