- Understand the business strategy and provide highly relevant insights into business performance.
- Act as a key stakeholder in the decision making process through the provision of risk-adjusted financial information and analysis.
- Challenge the assumptions to the Commercial Team to effective and reliable customer planning
- Ensure solid understanding of internal commitments and the external environment, identifying gaps, risks and opportunities and proposing sustainable solutions
- Establish a Finance-to-Finance relationship with trade partners (i.e. customers)
Financial Leadership and Analysis
- Lead Commercial Finance tasks within the Customer Development Team, by reviewing & challenging Net Sales estimates and assumptions, providing Gross-to-Net guidance on activities and preparing P&Ls when needed
- Support Customer Negotiations, by building simulation scenarios and proactively proposing ideas or alternatives.
- Actively participate in the Selling Price Increases tasks, by challenging existing pricing structure to drive sustainable profitability growth
- Lead the “Return On Investment” mindset: “spending our Commercial Investment smarter”
- Provide action-oriented reporting to the Commercial and Leadership Teams
Financial Planning / Budgeting
- Assist with Annual Budget and Estimate preparation, in particular with volume, product mix, Pricing, Gross-to-Net and Net Sales assumptions
- Provide analytics to support business reviews
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), particularly relating to revenue recognition and Gross-to-Net investments
- Ensure implementation of audit recommendations from internal and external audit
Complete project work as assigned
- Increase the financial acumen of the Commercial Team through training and on the job experience
- Bachelor's Degree (BS - Business/Finance)
- Commercial Finance Experience (5+ years - preferable 7-10 years) and people management experience (3+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
- Have a detailed understanding of financial analysis and business analysis processes.
- Have a detailed understanding of financial disciplines and knowledge of the US / Japan GAAP
- Have experience from a multinational company
- Systems Experience
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Office) including advanced Excel
- Demonstrated strong oral / written communications skills in Japanese and English including presentation skills.
- Demonstrated capability of handling multiple project assignments simultaneously
- Problem solving skills
- Strong strategic / analytical skills
- MBA/CPA preferred
- SAP Preferred
– Knowledge of Google Sheets preferred
– FMCG experience preferred