- Partner with commercial leader to drive business growth.
- Manage Finance team for Japan
- Build and develop a high performing Finance team to support growth in Japan market
- Responsible for timely, consistent and accurate monthly local GAAP and US GAAP for group reporting
- Oversee the monthly close process including commentaries for revenue, ASP, OPEX and Balance Sheet review & analysis
- Review monthly reconciliations for submission to US
- Provide business partnering support to MD for Japan in terms of financial planning and analysis, monitoring of business results, managing and controlling OPEX budget, sales / promotions / customer profitability analysis, strategic planning, business case analysis for investments and commercial projects to support decision making
- Responsible for budgeting and rolling forecasts for Japan
- Responsible for working capital management including AR collection and payment processing and controls
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures comply with legal and Corporate guidelines/policies, including compliance (FCPA)
- Review, implement and maintain an effective and robust internal controls system in compliance to SOX requirements, and ensure adherence to approval processes
- Develop and deliver ad hoc reports for business needs
- Manage internal and external audit requirements, as well as ensure compliance to tax laws in respective tax jurisdictions within Japan
- Oversee local statutory reporting, and tax reporting, including Consumption tax, corporate tax and withholding tax filing
- Ad hoc financial projects
- Maintain compliance to regulatory and statutory laws of Japan and other relevant overseas laws and statutes.
- At least 10 - 15 years of related experience at a foreign capital company
- Excellent written & spoken English.
- Good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of managing a small team.
- Able to work under pressure and commit the time required to meet tight deadlines and manage time zone differences.
- MBA, USCPA, Tax Accountant, Boki 1st grade or other credential highly preferred