- Partner with GM and the local leadership team to shape vision & strategies
- Deliver, with the local leadership team, a consistently improving financial shape, being in line with Operating Plan expectations.
- Develop and implement financial roadmaps that ensure delivery of distribution scheme evolution with sustainable top line sales and bottom line earnings.
- Take overall responsibility for the management of finance and accounting within Japan i.e. accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit, treasury, and central financial accounting & planning, including management accounts, statutory accounts, support and control of overheads and IT systems support.
- Be the custodian of the company to safeguard the company assets and ensure proper governance and compliance controls in place.
- Ensure general affair matters are effectively and efficiently operated through Office Shared Services.
- Build a highly engaged finance team through effective leadership.
- Develop the S&F capability in the subsidiary so it can effectively support the dynamic growth we anticipate. This includes implementing functional competency development programs to build financial and business acumen, and to initiate a strong S&F talent pipeline.
- Ensure the deployment of financial procedures and continuously improve the current business processes and system capability.
- Actively communicate and export/import successful practices to/from other business units.
- Establish and enforce the highest of ethical standards across all business areas.
- Proven track record as unit CFO (minimum 5 years)
- Capability of building effectively influential relationships with functional heads to act as a co- pilot role for local leadership team
- Functional Competency in Financial Control and familiarity with internal control concepts & practices and auditing techniques to ensure cost effective protection of business results and approval of business activities at an appropriate level within the organization
- Fully familiarity with USGAAP or IFRS
- Knowledge for transaction processing systems
- Knowledge for the application of analytical techniques to evaluate potential business initiatives and assess their impact on strategic fit, operations and resources.
- Skill to design and operate an effective business planning process and to track the performance of the business against its plans efficiently
- Knowledge for cost accounting and budget management practices to develop business unit cost and profitability information
- Capability to lead, develop and implement effective and efficient business processes.
- Knowledge and capability to apply relevant tax regulations, case law and business practices to assure legal compliance while minimising the company tax liability
- “Product” background as opposed to “services”
- Adequate experience in a multinational consumer goods company -- Exposure to different cultures and business environment are more preferable.
-At least 5 years in a management position leading and developing teams
- Passion and a proven track record for people and team development
- Fluency in English