- Understand overall business strategy and ensure different department functions are achieving their objectives
- Provide function heads with value-added HR advice and support in their people management
- Manage the successful implementation of group HR initiatives across the Japan market.
- Ensure consistency and compliance of HR practices within the division office
- Maintain effective communication with APAC HR
- Design recruiting plan according to the annual business plan and recruit right people for right jobs while maintaining low cost
- Understand changes in the business and the organization, help departments update position descriptions to reflect business growth and evolution
- Identify and implement effective people assessment tools to enhance the selection process
- Provide effective consultation to line managers on staffing issues
- Develop and implement departmental people development programs
- Manage the performance reviews
- Assist line managers in addressing associate performance issues in a timely manner
- Analyze staff turnover reasons and propose improvement plans to management
- Maintain effective associate communication channels
- Assist line managers with legal compliance through education, consultation, and monitoring to prevent labor disputes from happening
- Execute recognition programs to boost associate morale
- Responsible for the total management of daily C&B work, Lead C&B related projects
- Develop & maintain competitive salary structure for the company based on market data grading in conjunction with APAC team
- Develop & maintain a competitive benefits system and performance evaluation system
- Help to implement the total compensation system in order to attract, motivate and retain high performance employees.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Business level English
- 6 years or more of progressive HR generalist experience
- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and regulations
- Experienced in all areas of HR
- Interest in fashion a plus!
- Retail experience a plus!