- Act as trusted advisor and consult with Japan leadership in areas such as organizational
effectiveness, change initiatives, talent management strategies, compensation management and performance management.
- Manage the entire talent acquisition process, from initial job spec to offer and onboarding. This includes recruitment strategies, candidate management, salary negotiations and background checks
- Handle all employee relations for the region, collaborating with local management, VP of HR and legal council as/if necessary
- Partner with management to problem-solve issues and drive solutions to improve employee
engagement levels, satisfaction and retention
- Manage entire process for all terminations, both voluntary and involuntary
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of corporate HR programs and assume a leadership role for key HR initiatives as required.
- Role requires an experienced HR generalist with excellent critical thinking and influencing
- Strong talent acquisition skills, with the ability to both direct source talent as well as identify
the best external resources to partner with.
- Excellent communication skills required, as is the ability to speak and write in English.
- Previous experience supporting a subsidiary of a US-owned company a strong plus.
- Demonstrates the capability to succeed in an environment in which resilience, self-sufficiency and initiative are critical success factors
- Able to quickly build effective and resilient relationships
- IT/computer company work experience a plus!