To be responsible for the approval of all major procurement activities and for the development, implementation and maintenance of strategic procurement plans for indirect purchasing.
- Manage indirect procurement activities.
- Define and implement an effective procurement strategy.
- Develop systems of control, policies and procedures relating to procurement.
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Review existing contracts and identify opportunities for improved value for money.
- Review service areas and potential supplier rationalization.
- Identify new suppliers, agree upon terms and negotiate supply agreements where appropriate, including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Maintain purchasing information, files and records (e.g. purchase orders, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Periodically carry out a comprehensive review of the purchasing function and its methodology and be able to identify and implement improvements.
- Provide guidance to relevant staff in all procurement matters.
- Ensure that legislative requirements are understood and incorporated into controls, policies and procedures.
- Actively cooperate with Finance and other related departments ensuring a smooth process operation.
- Collaborate with APAC Procurement network to make sure that Japan and other countries successfully support each other on best practice and resource sharing, strategy alignment and execution.
University degree in supply chain, operations management, accounting or business but other relevant disciplines will be considered.
- Native Japanese language ability with suitable English skills (verbal & written).
- Prior experience as a Purchasing Manager in a multinational organization especially focusing on indirect purchasing.
- Influencing skills with key internal and external stakeholders.
Other Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience marketing in a Business to Professional to Consumer (B2P2C) industry.
- Strong analytical & financial skills.
- Effective verbal & written communicator and presenter.
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills.