- Category Scope – Develops sourcing strategies for all categories and drive local projects in Japan. Participate in or providing inputs into global supply strategy councils so Japan requirements and unique conditions are correctly captured & addressed. Actively liaises with the global and Region to ensure country spend is managed in line with agreed sourcing strategies.
- Global Operating Framework: Participates within Global Operating Framework with agreed RACI framework to develop and implement Global/ Regional /Local sourcing plans
- Sourcing Rigor – In alignment with Global and Regional strategy to manage assurance of supply, quality, service, cost, innovation and regulatory compliance within Japan, which optimize value while ensuring appropriate risk management. Understands the SRC and SMP requirements and how to apply required tools in creating and executing source plans.
- Proactive Cost Management: Achieves cost control, cost reduction, and cost containment targets, and adds value to area of expenditure through a strong total cost orientation.
- Supplier Relationship Management and Conditioning: Assists in evaluating potential suppliers on country specific issues. Responsible for building relationships with Local suppliers and managing supplier performance against business requirements using proven processes; ensures adequate inclusion of diversity suppliers in RFPs and contracts as applicable.
- Contract Negotiation and Management: leads the sourcing including RFX, RFP negotiations and contracting to put in place the right supplier cross all categories.
- Bachelors of Business, Finance or Science, required; MBA preferred.
- At least 5 years in country Procurement leadership role; additional commercial, business, operations functional role highly desirable.
- Experience in working with regional and global teams with a holistic view to drive delivery for the business.
- Fluency in English and Japanese language.
Operations / Technical
- Demonstrated business ethics and integrity, organizational skills, pro-active and self-motivated with ability to multi-task and manage in a highly matrix environment
- Demonstrated capability to analyze data, highlight exceptions and provide useful insights
- Demonstrated Indirect material category experience (preferred)
- Knowledge of applicable corporate regulations and divisional policies/guidelines.
- Industry experience preferred but not mandatory
- Proficiency in PC skills, MS Office and related SAP systems.
- Experience with SAP implementation is plus!