■ このポジションはイギリスのSourcing Directorにレポートしていただくお仕事です。お持ちの英語力を活かしてメリハリのある仕事をお探しの方にピッタリです。
• Working with suppliers’ sales staff, and acting as a regional point of contact for nominated suppliers.
• Co-ordinate and consolidate forecasts from sites and share these with suppliers as per contract, monitor and expedite PO placement to ensure that lead-times are respected.
• Monitor supplier performance for delivery, service and quality. Facilitate communications with vendors and company to address any arising problems
• Co-ordinate arrangements for Supplier Quality Audit and attend audits to provide commercial support to ensure that company's needs are communicated and understood
• Conduct periodic contract reviews to ensure that both the company and suppliers comply with contract terms. Ensure that suppliers fully comply with other requirements such as conflict minerals and anti-slavery statements and policy.
• Build and maintain good relations with supplier’s management to ensure that company’s current and future needs are recognized and met. Seek opportunities to develop and improve the relationship with suppliers
• Encourage innovation and strive to improve quality & performance, and reduce cost
• Act as on-location first point of contact in the event of supply chain disruption
• Provide operational support with PO and shipment administration
• Understand company's spend, track spend and seek cost reduction opportunities
• Develop industry & market knowledge for materials being purchased. Identify risks and opportunities with known and new vendors
• Develop and implement risk mitigation plans such as dual sourcing. Identify supply chain risks, including upstream supplies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement
• Candidate should be well organized, methodical and detailed conscious, and must display a very high level of personal integrity & professionalism. As the Senior Director is UK based, he / she should be able to work without close supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategic supplier relationships
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal in both English and Japanese. Ability to translate in meetings.
• Knowledge of Procurement and supply chain best practice
• Logistics skills such as air transportation/export/tax declarations process & documentation
• Understanding of contracts and contract law
• Comfortable within a fast moving results orientated Business
• Competent in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Office based environment as part of a small team
• Extensive use of computers and telephones, including the need to attend calls outside of normal office hours as part of a global business and to support sites in other time-zones
• International travel 3-4 times per year; national travel at least monthly
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in procurement, preferably in medical device or other regulated and quality critical industry with quality systems such as ISO9001 or ISO13485.
• Knowledge of negotiation techniques and practices, and understanding of contract law
• Membership of a relevant professional body
• Qualification in higher education (degree or masters)
• Professional qualification through a recognized body such as APICS or CIPs is welcome!