This position is responsible for developing and executing strategic sourcing initiatives, which involve direct/indirect materials, supplier qualification and development, supplier relationship management, acquiring market intelligence, price negotiation and contract management, risk management, etc.
- Manages all the site procurement activities to assure cost effective and timely supply of quality materials and services.
- Improves the site’s procurement processes to ensure they are efficient and fully in compliant with Company’s global procurement policies & procedures.
- Identifies new supply sources, qualifies vendors and nurtures strong vendor relationships.
- Negotiates purchasing prices and payment terms, and manages contracts.
- Creates RFPs, including some e-sourcing events, invites key suppliers to provide proposals, evaluates and negotiates proposals, selects suppliers and awards business.
- Resolves vendor’s pricing, quality and delivery problems.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders like supply chain team and BD team, etc. to manage the inventory level and demand forecast.
- Coordinates with global procurement to take advantage of all Corporate’s discount opportunities, and other resources and market intelligence.
- Reports site’s spends and savings (MCR reports) and participates in the global procurement calls in a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years of work experiences in procurement
- Good knowledge of procurement strategies, tactics, sourcing, negotiation and contracting skills
- Good knowledge and skills of the English language (oral & written)
- Good leadership skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced PC skills (specifically Excel, Power Point).
- High personal integrity and ethics with uncompromising standards
- Intercultural skills-able to work in an international team-based environment
- Degree in pharma/medicine, or food sciences, or business management is plus!