- Working closely with business development stakeholders and provide financial evaluation, assessment and deal design proposals to achieve Company’s strategies and goals.
- Strengthen relationship and closely communicate with overseas stakeholders to proceed deals and evaluate business impact at global level.
- Enhance standard operating model for supporting BD deals to keep management informed of key deal information and insights and ultimately driving the right management decisions. Also enhance standard financial tools/templates to ensure knowledge sharing within Finance members and to educate them on financial evaluation, analytics and deal design capability
- Conduct “Post-deal” evaluation process to examine if the deal result is in line with expectations around execution KPIs, financial results, and operational efficiency.
- Involved in BD deals from the very first stage to assess financial risks/issues before fixing deal schemes; securing financial legitimacy, operational feasibility, and compliance.
- Conduct financial analysis/evaluation for each BD deal to highlight integrated financial implications, possible alternative options and foreseeable financial challenges.
- Proactively lead and facilitate financial discussions.
- Prepare presentation materials and explanatory charts to visualize deal schemes and help stakeholders understand for discussion and decision.
- Review drafted contracts with professional members in Finance and provide financial inputs to BD&AM for finalizing contracts.
- Closely communicate with Japan Finance members, Japan BD stakeholders, and global stakeholders as virtual BD Team.
- Work with FP&A Director to enhance and implement standard operating model for BD support and enhance standard financial tools/templates.
- Maintain and conduct the post-deal evaluation process to provide financial insight to Alliance Management and FP&A.
- Work with FP&A Team in Budgeting/Forecasting Cycle and provide the latest PL and business estimates for BD deals.
- 5-8 years’ experience in FP&A or accounting
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or Business Administration.
- Ability to Drive Business: Identify or hypothesize issues and build processes to solve them. Then persuade stakeholders tenaciously to get involved in discussions to reach the best solution.
- Communication: Communicate both in English and Japanese without hesitation and build good relationship to drive business.
- Project Management: Maintain a clear vision of various projects execution status and keep project members and stakeholders informed of current progress and issues and mitigation plans.
- Ethics: Hold high standards in financial and operational compliance; have good understanding of how integrity can be a long-term growth driver.
- English / Japanese – fluent enough to have conversations, correspond and have teleconferences.
- Solid knowledge base and experience working in USGAAP or IFRS environment
- Strong PC skills (MS Excel / PowerPoint). Need to handle a complicated spreadsheet for sensitivity analysis.
- Other areas of knowledge that is critical but can be learned on the role; GHH business, financial planning, deal modeling, tax and transfer price analysis, financial and operational supply chain analysis, and pricing
- MBA is preferable