- Handle the oversight and reporting of Product Lifecycle Management including New Product Introduction (NPI) and End of Life (EOL) process status, issues, action plans, etc.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Operations to create a demand forecast for a diverse product line with high volume and volatility and then to convert that forecast into an achievable supply plan.
- Work with company's own factories as well as OEM suppliers to recommend viable solutions to problems and issues and directly contribute to the growth and success of their assigned product line(s).
- Produce detailed monthly manufacturing schedules that consider capacity constraints, inventory levels and customer service metrics
- Provide management with projected monthly production levels to support the annual sales plan
- Improve planning accuracy and measure impact on key performance metrics
- Ensure awareness and understanding of changes to projected supply
- Set and react to alerts for inventory excesses and shortages appropriately
- Drive in monthly cross-functional planning process (S&OP)
- Provide in depth analyses on production variances
- Optimize inventory levels
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related area, or the equivalent level of experience.
- 3 years or more experience in supply planning, demand forecast, production planning, and/or inventory management.
- Proven work experience managing a high volume, large SKU base (10,000+) in a retail environment across multiple distribution centers is highly preferred.
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring Kanban and other push/pull inventory strategies
- Experience managing allocations of parts between manufacturing and customer demands in a centralized parts depot
- Native level Japanese and business level English proficiency.
- Experience in working closely with Sales and Manufacturing to achieve optimal supply through cross-functional collaboration such as S&OP
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to be strategic
- Strong communication skills, ability to present complex information/recommendations to terms meaningful to various audiences
- Ability to make quick decisions, at times with limited information and also to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of SAP R/3, Logility and SAP Business Warehouse; advanced data mining skills highly preferred
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Proven ability to ability to participate, support and provide appropriate analysis for internal and external executive discussions to drive continuous improvement in business results and processes