- Manage a 24 month forward looking unit based demand forecast, incorporating inputs from multiple channels and partners to drive upstream operational and revenue forecasts
- Lead an international team of demand planners across the Asia Pacific region, providing direction, coaching, and guidance to drive accurate forecasts led by consensus processes
- Own and facilitate the demand inputs to regional Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process, including garnering consensus on the plan, assessment of risks & opportunities, documentation of critical assumptions and issue lists and communication of critical measures and assumptions
- Develop effective analysis / management tools to drive understanding of the demand forecast at all levels
- Create and develop effective partnerships with Regional Sales at the channel level to provide meaningful analyses and identify trends, as well as determine short and long-term requirements.
- Look for ways to engage and influence the demand/sales forecast; offering analyses, insights, recommendations to business partners to maintain the integrity of the forecast
- Partner closely with Finance team to validate financial impact of the demand plan and gain consensus; additional coordination related to achievement of financial targets, creation of annual budgets, and impact of the plan to inventory
- Drive effective action on excess/obsolete inventory, with a focus on avoidance by effective management of the demand forecast, but also on creating and driving action plans for existing inventory exposures
• Effectively challenge business partners and executive management with a focus on maintaining consensus and legitimacy in the demand forecast
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain or equal professional qualification
- 7 or more years of increasing leadership responsibility in supply chain management role/s
- 3 + years of experience in a Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) leadership role
- Working knowledge of SAP (R/3) or similar ERP platform
- Business level verbal and written communication in Japanese and English.
- Strong working knowledge of best practices in planning and inventory management systems.
- Solid background in leading edge manufacturing and materials management processes
- Experience of working with major brands for a recognized consumer goods company
- Worked at a senior level driving and supporting business improvement
- Have a hands on approach
- Excellent management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Significant experience in inventory planning
- Practical experience using Supply Chain Planning systems (Logility, JDA, Manugistics or similar).