This role has direct responsibility for overseeing Japan import and export, ensuring compliance with Japan import and export control laws, as well as free trade and duties eligibility for various programs, providing a full coverage of Company's reputation against penalties associated with non-compliance: sanctions, fines, loss of import or export privileges, disruptions on deliveries to customers and plants.
The Japan Trade Compliance Leader works cross functionally with the Japan business and operations leaders to broaden awareness of trade compliance, establishing and maintaining the strategic direction of the function in alignment with the changing regulatory environment. This is accomplished by interfacing directly with global trade compliance teams and various functional area leaders to drive process improvements implementation in all areas of import-export compliance.
Covering all import export activities of Japan Sites with a total import export value $. Managing a duty cost budget, liability of estimated $(excluding penalties and interest that can be applied for negligence in customs compliance and/or gross negligence) and supervising various duty Trade programs including Free trade agreements.
Position is responsible to lead all customs audits that may be triggered in Japan, and for monitoring key industry developments, legislative, and regulatory changes affecting the business. Position leads with business unit management and other functional area managers to investigate possible customs and or export control compliance violations.
- Native Japanese and Proficient in English is mandatory
- Customs broker license preferred
- Bachelor Degree in International Trade or customs law
- A minimum of 5 years of import-export compliance experience required
- Skilled in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) is mandatory.
- Knowledge of other languages will be beneficial.
- Experience in systems knowledge (SAP) is essential
- Knowledge of GTS Compliance will be added